The 2021 ACC Tournament heats up on Wednesday, as the second round of the tournament resumes with a mid-afternoon elimination game between the Duke Blue Devils and the Louisville Cardinals. The College Basketball odds are as close as they get as we speak, making this Atlantic Coast Conference showdown worth watching, to say the least.
With that, NitroBetting offers a closer investigation of the contest, going over major talking points and facts. See what both teams have to offer before pinning down your picks. Don’t forget to check out for more NCAA Basketball odds for the rest of tournament games at our online BTC sportsbook.
Duke vs. Louisville Game Information
- When: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 6:30 PM ET
- Where: Greensboro Coliseum Complex, Greensboro, North Carolina
- TV: ACC Network
- Radio: WDNC 620 (Duke) / WKRD 790 AM (Louisville)
- Live Stream: WatchESPN
- NCAA Betting Odds: Oklahoma -132 / -2 (-110) / Under 142.5 (-108)
Why Bet on the Duke Blue Devils?
Despite being just the 10-seed in the ACC Tournament, many experts are still high on the Duke Blue Devils to pose as a tough challenge for the rest of the group all gunning for the conference title. The first mission was a huge success, as Mike Krzyzewski and Co. obliterated Boston College in the first round Tuesday, 86-51.
Duke basically needs to win the entire tournament just for a shot to be part of the National Tournament, and the team sure appears to have taken its game to a new level already. The freshman duo of DJ Steward and Mark Williams combined for 30 points in the win over BC, keeping their team from missing out on the Big Dance for the first time since 1995.
Considering that the Blue Devils went just 12-11 this season and 9-9 in conference play, it stands to reason why the NCAAB odds are not entirely in favor of a blowout by the dominant program out of Durham.
Why Bet on the Louisville Cardinals?
The Louisville Cardinals started their campaign on fire, winning nine of their first 10 games. However, they started to slowly fall apart once the conference battles went underway.
On the bright side, it was Duke whom the Cardinals defeated mid-season to snap their one and only two-game losing streak of the season by a score of 70-65. Senior guard Carlik Jones, who leads all Louisville players in scoring this season (17.0 PPG), dropped 24 points and went 11-of-12 from the free-throw line during that home win over the Devils.
The College Basketball odds place the higher-seeded Cardinals as underdogs in Wednesday’s match. Perhaps that shouldn’t be the case had it not been for the Blue Devils’ utter domination of lowly Boston College.
Duke vs. Louisville Betting Trends
- Duke lost three-straight games (SU/ATS) prior to winning its first-round match over Boston College.
- The point total went over in the Blue Devils’ last six regular-season games.
- Duke is 11-4 in games played in the month of March since 2019 but went just 5-10 against the spread.
- Louisville went 4-3 to end the regular season. Each victory resulted in a win against the spread, and the same could be said about the three losses leading to three ATS defeats.
- The point total went over in three of the Cardinals’ last four contests.
- The Cardinals have won three-straight meetings against Duke (SU/ATS). They also covered the spread during their last defeat to the Blue Devils in February of 2019.
Duke vs. Louisville Expert Betting Prediction
Winning five-straight games in five days is no easy feat, but the Blue Devils have enough of a winning pedigree under their belt to defy those odds. But when it comes to NCAA Basketball betting lines in specific, the Cardinals have as good a shot as any remaining ACC team in the tournament at eliminating the resident archenemies of the conference.
*All odds stated are subject to change without prior notice.