Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Game 5 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds and Preview – May 10th, 2022

After four games, the team that has scored five or more goals has gone on to win those contests. It was the Tampa Bay Lightning who put on a stunning scoring display on Game 4 to even up their first-round series against the Toronto Maple Leafs at two games apiece. With the series shifting back to Toronto, will it be the Maple Leafs’ turn to rack up the most goals en route to reclaiming home-ice advantage?

Nitrobetting is ready to dish out some slick assists to get bets into the back of the net. This time, let’s break down the upcoming 2022 Stanley Cup PLayoffs matchup between the Tampa Bay Lightning and the Toronto Maple Leafs. Be sure to be on the lookout for updated NHL odds at our online Bitcoin sportsbook before placing your bets.

Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Game 5 Information

  • When: Tuesday, May 10, 2021, 10:00 PM ET
  • Where: Rogers Place, Edmonton, AB, Canada
  • TV: ESP2, CBC, SN, TVAS, BSSC
  • Radio: AM 570 LA Sports (Kings) // CHED 630-AM (Oilers)
  • Live Stream: NHL Live
  • NHL Betting Odds: Kings (+189) / Oilers(-222)

READ MORE: Kings vs. Oilers Game 5 Stanley Cup Playoffs Odds and Preview – May 10th, 2022

Why Bet on the Tampa Bay Lightning?

It’s a different story for the Kings. The team averages 2.5 goals per game in the playoffs and is held to 6.7% of their power play opportunities. Phillip Danault leads the lineup with two goals to his name. Trevor Moore and Adrian Kempe prove their worth in the playoffs with three assists and 18 shots on goal, respectively. Looking at how Los Angeles performs on the defensive end, the team allows 4.25 goals per game and holds teams’ power-play opportunities to 64.3%. Jonathan Quick gave up 13 goals on 123 shots, while Cal Petersen allowed four goals on 20 shots.

The Los Angeles Kings remained resilient in their last two games and tied the series following a 4-0 victory over Edmonton. During the season, the team found the back of the net 239 times and a 20th-best offensive rank in the NHL. The team stays productive on the defensive end and is the eighth-ranked team in the league, allowing opponents to average 2.83 goals per game. Going over the Kings’ opponent-adjusted scoring margin, the team faces the Oilers as the 17th-ranked team in the league.

Why Bet on the Toronto Maple Leafs?

The Oilers average 4.25 goals per game in the playoffs on 35.7% of their power-play chances. Evander Kane leads the lineup with five goals to his name, while Connor McDavid has five assists, and Zach Hyman remains productive with 18 shots on goal. Looking at the defense, the Kings allow 4.25 goals per game and prevent 64.3% of their opponent’s power plays. Jonathan Quick has been instrumental for Edmonton with 13 goals on 123 shots faced. Meanwhile, Cal Petersen allowed four goals on 20 shots.

The hosts look to recover from a questionable Game 4 performance in which they were silenced by the Kings. In 82 games, the Oilers recorded 290 goals and an average of 3.48 goals per game. This ranks the team seventh in the league. Edmonton starts to slow up on the defensive end with 3.06 opponent goals per contest. The regular season brought the Oilers the 17th toughest schedule. Factoring that into the team’s scoring margin, the side comes in with a power ranking of 11th in the NHL. These numbers are enough to keep the Los Angeles Kings on their toes.

Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Betting Trends

  • The Kings are 6-4 in the last ten road games.
  • The Kings held opponents to three goals or less in four of their last five road games.
  • The totals went over in three of the Kings’ last six road games.
  • The Oilers are 8-2 in the last ten games at Rogers Place.
  • The Oilers held opponents to two goals or less in two of their last five home games.
  • The totals went under in two of the Oilers’ last five home games.

Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Expert Betting Predictions

Jonathan Quick was in top form and recorded 31 save attempts. He is a decorated player with two cup wins and 89 playoff starts and a trustworthy man in the net. This elevates the visitors and gives them a fighting chance in a crucial Game 5 on the road.

Feel free to browse sports betting guides. While you are at it, go ahead and check out all the latest NHL betting odds and more in our online BTC sportsbook.

*All odds stated are subject to change without prior notice.