The second game to check out on February 23rd is Lazio vs Bayern Munich, a matchup that we’ve never seen before during the Champions League, neither during the group or the knockout phase. There’s a lot we can unpack from both teams to get to middle ground.
Let’s take a closer look at this matchup, along with the latest 2021 Champions League odds, an expert preview and prediction.
Lazio vs Bayern Munich Game Info
- When: Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 | 3:00 PM ET
- Where: Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy
- TV: Fox Sports
- Live Stream: UEFA.tv
- Champions League Odds Odds: Lazio +424 / +1.0 (-112) / Over 3.5 (+120) | Bayern Munich -182 / -1.0 (-109) / Under 3.5 (-152) | Draw +328
Why is Lazio a safe bet in Game 1?
When we look at Lazio’s history within the Champions League, it hasn’t been the best. They were able to make to the knockout round of the Champions League for the first time in 21 years, making this the longest gap of two appearances for the same team in this moment of the tournament. The last time they were in the knockout phase was back in 2000 against Valencia.
Their performance this season hasn’t been top, but it was enough to take the second spot of Group F. They didn’t suffer any losses, though they only took two wins, one against Borussia Dortmund and the other against Zenit Saint Petersburg, and four draws.
Lazio is currently averaging 1.83 goals scored per game and have conceded an average of 1.17 goals per game. They aren’t scoring that much, but it hasn’t prevented them from stopping opposing teams to score. This can definitely come as an advantage against the German squad.
- Form: WLWWL
- Latest: Loss, 3-1 vs. Inter Milan (02/14)
- Current Standing:: 7th place in Serie A
- Luis Felipe
- Luis Alberto
Why is Bayern Munich a safe bet in Game 1?
This is Bayern Munich’s 13th straight season in the knockout round, making it to the quarterfinals in 10 seasons. They’ve only failed to score once in the last 27 Champions League matchups. Those are quite the stats from the reining champions.
As part of Group A, they took first place with ease. They won five of six games, with only one draw against Atletico Madrid. They were second highest after Monchengladbach in Expected Goals Against tally with 9.08.
Right now, Bayern is averaging 3.00 goals scored per game, with 0.83 goals conceded per game. That’s quite the difference when comparing the two. There’s no doubt they’ll score at least a couple of goals. They have the talent and power to back it up. Look at Robert Lewandoski’s stats as a point of reference. He’s scored 31 goals in 33 games since the 2017/18 season. He has more than Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Form: WWWWD
- Latest: Draw, 3-3 vs. Bielefeld (02/15)
- Current Standing:: 1st place in Bundesliga, Club World Cup winners
Lazio vs Bayern Munich Champions League Betting Trends
- Lazio have only lost one of the last six Champions League matches against a German team.
- Lazio won only two of six group phase games this season.
- Lazio scored and conceded at least one goal in the last 12 Champions League matchups.
- Bayern Munich hasn’t lost the last five away Champions League matches against an Italian team.
- Bayern Munich have won 16 of 17 Champions League games since last season.
- Bayern Munich’s overall goal difference was of +48 since last season.
Lazio vs Bayern Munich Betting Prediction
It’s been a very long, hard road back to the knockout round for Lazio. Now they face their biggest challenge yet, taking down the defending champions. The problem here is that it will tough as nails to get past the German squad.
They basically are leading in every way, at home and in international competition. They just won another trophy in the Club World Cup against Tigres UANL from Mexico, though they barely won that one. Still, the simple fact that it is Bayern Munich just makes everything much more difficult for Lazio.
If you’re going to bet Bitcoin on the Champions League, this matchup is a pretty safe bet to take. Bayern Munich for the win in Game 1 against Lazio, with a score prediction of 3-0.
Check out our Bitcoin sports betting guides and news sections for more insights.
Remember to always have fun with all the action and keep yourselves updated with the latest sports news with our NitroBetting News.
*All stated odds are subject to change without prior notice.