After the last encounter between these two teams a few weeks ago, Juventus entered the matchup as odds favorites to beat Porto in Game 1 of the Round of 16.
But Porto surprised the Turin team and took the win, 2-1. Now the game is headed to Italy for Game 2. Can Juve shake off their previous loss and make it to the next round? Or will Porto shine again and further the aggregate? We take a look at the upcoming matchup between Juventus vs. Porto, along with updated Champions League odds.
Juventus vs. Porto Game Info
- When: Tuesday, March 9th, 2021 | 3:00 PM ET
- Where: Juventus Stadium, Turin , Italy
- TV: Fox Sports
- Live Stream: UEFA.tv
- Champions League Odds Odds: Juventus -233 / -1.25 (+105) / Over 2.5 (-139) | Porto +597 / +1.25 (-128) / Under 2.5 (+111) | Draw +346
Why is Juventus a safe bet in Game 2?
The Turin team started off this season taking Group G with 15 points. This makes it their 12th appearance the Round of 16. They’ve lost only two of their last 12 games at home during the Champions League.
One important fact to mention is their performance. They’ve been eliminated from five of their last six knockout ties when losing the first leg. So, the pressure could come into play, especially when playing at home.
Juve currently holds an average of 2.33 goals scored per game, with an average of 0.67 goals conceded. We’ll be looking at Cristiano Ronaldo’s performance for this one. He’s scored 10 goals in 10 homes games since he joined the club back in the 2018-19 season. Though he just managed one shot during the first leg, making it the fewest he has done during the knockout phase.
- Form: DLLWD
- Latest: Draw, 0-0 vs. Verona (02/27)
- Current Standing:: 3rd place in Serie A
- De Ligt
- Alex Sandro
Why is Porto a safe bet in Game 2?
Porto’s victory against Juventus was their first ever win over them in a European tournament, being this their sixth attempt. You can imagine the accomplishment and morale boost this had over them.
They are unbeaten in this season since Matchday 1. They beat Manchester City, Olympiacos and Marseille during the group phase, making five successive clean sheets with their win against Olympiacos on Matchday 6. They’ve qualified for the Round of 15 in their last four appearances.
As of now, Porto is averaging 1.67 goals scored per game, with 0.50 goals conceded. They will be looking to keep a three consecutive away clean sheet in the Champions League since November 2012. They definitely can do that.
- Form: DDWWD
- Latest: Draw, 0-0 vs. Sporting Lisbon(02/27)
- Current Standing:: 3rd place of Primeira Liga
- Sérgio Oliveira
Juventus vs. Porto Champions League Betting Trends
- Juventus have score in three of the last three matches.
- Juventus are currently unbeaten at home in their last five games.
- Juventus head into the matchup with a big yellow card list, a total of 16.
- Porto haven’t lost their last ten games.
- Porto have scored in each of their last three away games.
- Porto have won their last five out of 10 games.
Juventus vs. Porto Betting Prediction
As things are headed towards Italy, the home field advantage will come into play. But there’s much at stake. The score differential is not high nor difficult to beat. But Porto won’t make it an east feat.
Porto’s defense held their ground in the first Game 1, only allowing one goal against them. I expect they will bring that and even more for the defense and hold the current score.
Check out our Bitcoin sports betting guides and news sections for more insights.
Remember to always have fun with all the action and keep yourselves updated with the latest sports news with our NitroBetting News.
*All stated odds are subject to change without prior notice.