For Wednesday’s UEFA Champions League action, we have a matchup that we’ve seen before, but in another European competition. And it was only once. So it’s fair to say it’s like starting anew. This is the case for Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund.
These two had previously clashed during the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League in the group stage. When playing in Dortmund, Sevilla won 1-0. In the return game, it ended in a draw, 2-2.
We’re going to take a closer look at this game, along with the latest 2021 Champions League odds, preview and expert pick.
Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund Game Info
🎙 Michael Zorc:— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) February 11, 2021
“We’re unsatisfied with our current Bundesliga situation. There are two teams and four points between us and one UCL spot. The team is strong enough to achieve this goal.” pic.twitter.com/it0fljN204
- When: Wednesday, February 17th, 2021 | 3:00 PM ET
- Where: Ramon Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium, Sevilla, Spain
- TV: ESPN / Fox Sports
- Live Stream: UEFA.tv
- Champions League Odds Odds: Sevilla +137 / -0.25 (+107) / Over 2.5 (-111) | Borussia Dortmund +187 / +0.25 (-130) / Under 2.5 (-111) | Draw +236
Why is Sevilla a safe bet in Game 1?
The six-time UEFA Europa League Champion returns to the Champions League after beating Inter Milan in last season’s tournament, making it their fifth time into the knockout phase. They’ve done a good job, but haven’t been able to go beyond the quarterfinals. With a recent European championship win, they’ll definitely bring their A game to change history.
Though, looking at their season so far, it hasn’t been their smoothest one. At the start of the season, they took three straight losses in October and they took a beating from Chelsea in their two Group E games. They were able to keep the dream alive beating Krasnodar and Rennes, but barely were able to do so.
Regarding their stats, Sevilla is average 1.50 goals scored per game, with an average of 1.33 goals conceded per game. The player that has scored the most in their last Champions League games is Youssef En-Nesyri.
- Form: WWWWW
- Latest: Win, 2-0 vs. Barcelona (02/10)
- Current Standing:: 4th place of La Liga
- Diego Carlos
Why is Borussia Dortmund a safe bet in Game 1?
This season is Dortmund’s seventh appearance in the knockout phase. They started their Champions League season with a loss against Lazio, but got back into shape to take first place of Group F. The won their games against Clubb Brugge and Zenit Saint Petersburg, with a tie against Lazio.
The team did suffer a major change in December, with the firing of head coach Lucien Favre, due to poor results with the club. Management decided to have the assistant coach Edin Terzić take the position. So far, his winning percentage is of 54.55%
Regarding their stats, Borussia Dortmund has average of 1.50 goals scored per game, with an average of 1.33 per game for goals conceded. One player to mention is Manuel Akanji, who has carried the ball forward with an average of 183 meters per match during the group phase.
- Form: LLWWL
- Latest: Loss, 2-1 vs. Freiburg (02/06)
- Current Standing:: 6th place of Bundesliga
Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund Champions League Betting Trends
- Sevilla have won 2 of their last 3 homes games in the 2020/21 Champions League.
- Sevilla has hosted German teams 12 times before in European tournaments, having only lost against Bayern Munich in the 2017/18 season.
- Borussia Dortmund have won 2 of their last 3 away games in the 2020/21 Champions League.
- Borussia Dortmund have not one their last 10 away games against a Spanish team in the Champions League.
- Borussia Dortmund have lost their six away games in the knockout stage of the Champions League.
Sevilla vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction
Sevilla is coming in a lot stronger with their most recent results. But they are pretty equal in this one. I’m feeling Sevilla could take the first one by a slim margin. But, don’t take a draw out of consideration, given their average goal percentage, it might be a tough one for both teams.
Check out our Bitcoin sports betting guides and news sections for more insights.
Remember to always have fun with all the action and keep yourselves updated with the latest sports news with our NitroBetting News.
*All stated odds are subject to change without prior notice.